Skip to main content

A Warm Invitation to Church

This blog has been permanently relocated to https://www.removingbarriers.net Redirecting in seconds... Matthew 4:19 (And he saith unto them, Follow me, and I will make you fishers of men.) “I do not care if you ever darken the doors of my church.” I would often say this to folks I am sharing the gospel with. My wife Jay did not like the tone of that statement and asked me to stop saying it. Tone aside, however, I mean it. I first said it to a person who accused me of evangelizing because I want more people to come to my church so offerings can increase. Our youth pastor lamented in a recent sermon, “We invite folks to a location rather than to the Person of Jesus Christ. That captures perfectly what I have felt all along. Too often, Bible believing Christians make it a habit to invite folks to a location. I decided years ago that I will never invite anyone to church without first tryin...

A Debtor to Mercy Alone

I wish I could say that a lot of prayer and thought went into the selection of the theme song that our kids now associate with the intro and outro of the Removing Barriers Podcast, but it was simply a battle to find something remotely acceptable and free. When I stumbled upon a site that offer free scared arrangements, I decided that we would choose something from there. It came down to two arrangements, and we settled on A Debtor to Mercy Alone because it fits Jay's voice best. I guess we realized that no arrangement would ever fit my voice.


This lovely hymn was written by Augustus Toplady, author of Rock of Ages, and it summarizes why Jay and I are motivated to spread the gospel and win the lost. After all, we are indeed debtors to His mercy alone.

The first stanza reads:

A debtor to mercy alone,
of covenant mercy I sing;
nor fear, with your righteousness on,
my person and off'ring to bring.
The terrors of law and of God
with me can have nothing to do;
my Savior's obedience and blood
hide all my transgressions from view.


If Christ's sacrificial death upon the cross does not motivate you to do your reasonable service for him (Romans 12:1) which includes your obedience to the great commission, and to be a light and salt in this dark world, then Christ's death has been of no effect in your life.

I know that with COVID, and by extension the current restrictions that are in place, have made it difficult to share your faith in ways we are used to, but I encourage you to find creative ways to obey our Lord and Savior's last command to "go" and tell others about the joys of repentant faith in Him. Just like our constitutional rights should not evaporate during a pandemic, our obedience to His commands should not evaporate during a pandemic either.

Thank you for listening. Our numbers have more than doubled in the past two weeks. If you are enjoying the podcast, I encourage you to leave a review on your favorite platform, whether it be Apple Podcast, Google Podcast, Spotify, or YouTube.

Episodes you may have missed:

Episode 5 - Black Culture: a Monolith?

Episode 6 - Christians and Firearms with Bro. "MD"

Episode 7 - Why Did CHAZ-CHOP Fail? with "DW"

 

Upcoming episodes:

Episode 8 - Black Lives Matter -  The LGBTQIA+ Movement with Pastor Todd (Oct 3, 2020)

Episode 9 - The Sad State of Basic Theology (Part 1 of 3) (Oct 10, 2020)

 

Listen to the Removing Barriers Podcast here:


To leave us a voice message or support the podcast: https://anchor.fm/removingbarriers\

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

After It is All Said and Done

This blog has been permanently relocated to https://www.removingbarriers.net Redirecting in seconds... It is great to know that despite all the happenings of 2020 that God is still on His throne and is in full control of COVID-19, the elections this week, and the aftermath in the weeks to come. No matter who wins the presidency or whether there is a vaccine for COVID-19, our commitment and obedience to the Lord as Bible believing Christians should not wavier.   Here are 3 things that will remain the same after the results are known: 1. The sun will rise the next day. Genesis 8:22 declares “ While the earth remaineth, seedtime and harvest, and cold and heat, and summer and winter, and day and night shall not cease. ” Praise the Lord that these things are not controlled by our elected representatives in political offices but by the God who sits on His throne. It is the same God who rules ...

Racial Relations and the Church

This blog has been permanently relocated to https://www.removingbarriers.net Redirecting in seconds... Episode 18   In this episode of the Removing Barriers Podcast, we sat down with Dr. Michael Baldwin to discuss the racial past of the U.S. and how the church handled the issue.   As a Bible believing Christian, Dr. Baldwin found no pleasure in some of the hard things he had to say, but they needed to be said in order to expose the hurt and the racial tensions of the past, and to promote healing for the present.   Conversations matter! Some of the things that were said in this podcast were difficult things to say, but we can no longer sweep these things under the rug. The chickens have come home to roost. While the church ...

Ary, How Were Your Barriers Removed?

This blog has been permanently relocated to https://www.removingbarriers.net Redirecting in seconds... Episode 20   Series: How Were Your Barriers Removed - 3   Ary was raised in a Christian home, but he still had to come to the realization of his sin before a holy God. Learn more about the barriers Ary faced and how he came to a saving knowledge of the Lord Jesus Christ.    Ary also offered advice for those raising children in a Christian home, and he elaborated on the importance of consistency with your kids and the value of prayer.   We ended the episode with Ary sharing the gospel. The same saving grace of the Lord Jesus Christ that saved him can save you also. Contact us: Leave us a voice message Email us Financially support the show   L...