Skip to main content

A Warm Invitation to Church

This blog has been permanently relocated to https://www.removingbarriers.net Redirecting in seconds... Matthew 4:19 (And he saith unto them, Follow me, and I will make you fishers of men.) “I do not care if you ever darken the doors of my church.” I would often say this to folks I am sharing the gospel with. My wife Jay did not like the tone of that statement and asked me to stop saying it. Tone aside, however, I mean it. I first said it to a person who accused me of evangelizing because I want more people to come to my church so offerings can increase. Our youth pastor lamented in a recent sermon, “We invite folks to a location rather than to the Person of Jesus Christ. That captures perfectly what I have felt all along. Too often, Bible believing Christians make it a habit to invite folks to a location. I decided years ago that I will never invite anyone to church without first tryin...

The Sad State of Basic Theology (Part 3 of 3)

 

Episode 14

Part 3

This is the third of a 3-part series on the Sad State of Basic Theology. We continued the discussion with a basic study of the Holy Spirit and a discussion about whether Jesus was a created being or God incarnate. What professing christians believe about these issues would surprise even the non-believer.

We ended the episode by presenting the fact that Christ had to be God to be able to die for our sins. If He is not God, then he is in need of a saviour himself. But since He is God, He was able to die for our sins. It is through repentant faith in his finished work that everyone must be saved.


Contact us:

Leave us a message

Financially support the podcast

Check out our blog

Listen:

See all the platforms we are on. We may be on your favorite app.


 Affiliates:

See all our affiliates


Notes:

AIG Article

The State of Theology 

Bill Nye Debates Ken Ham

Mathematical Challenges to Darwin’s Theory of Evolution

Answers in Genesis

The Institute for Creation Research

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

After It is All Said and Done

This blog has been permanently relocated to https://www.removingbarriers.net Redirecting in seconds... It is great to know that despite all the happenings of 2020 that God is still on His throne and is in full control of COVID-19, the elections this week, and the aftermath in the weeks to come. No matter who wins the presidency or whether there is a vaccine for COVID-19, our commitment and obedience to the Lord as Bible believing Christians should not wavier.   Here are 3 things that will remain the same after the results are known: 1. The sun will rise the next day. Genesis 8:22 declares “ While the earth remaineth, seedtime and harvest, and cold and heat, and summer and winter, and day and night shall not cease. ” Praise the Lord that these things are not controlled by our elected representatives in political offices but by the God who sits on His throne. It is the same God who rules ...

Racial Relations and the Church

This blog has been permanently relocated to https://www.removingbarriers.net Redirecting in seconds... Episode 18   In this episode of the Removing Barriers Podcast, we sat down with Dr. Michael Baldwin to discuss the racial past of the U.S. and how the church handled the issue.   As a Bible believing Christian, Dr. Baldwin found no pleasure in some of the hard things he had to say, but they needed to be said in order to expose the hurt and the racial tensions of the past, and to promote healing for the present.   Conversations matter! Some of the things that were said in this podcast were difficult things to say, but we can no longer sweep these things under the rug. The chickens have come home to roost. While the church ...

The Barrier of Experience

This blog has been permanently relocated to https://www.removingbarriers.net Redirecting in seconds... "We have also a more sure word..."—2 Peter 1:19   So many people rely on their experience more than the Word of God. The apostle Peter, however, exhorted his readers that though his firsthand experience was a reliable eyewitness account, God's Word was "more sure." The Bible is completely reliable and trustworthy. It was a brisk morning. I rapped on the door to a nice home in a newer development on the outskirts of Great Falls, Montana. A lady in her mid-thirties answered, and her husband was inside near the door as we spoke. I quickly found out they were Mormons. When I inquired as to how she thought she was "saved," she mentioned several experiences she had since becoming Mormon. I referenced the verses that make up the context in which 2 Peter 1:19 is n...