Skip to main content

A Warm Invitation to Church

This blog has been permanently relocated to https://www.removingbarriers.net Redirecting in seconds... Matthew 4:19 (And he saith unto them, Follow me, and I will make you fishers of men.) “I do not care if you ever darken the doors of my church.” I would often say this to folks I am sharing the gospel with. My wife Jay did not like the tone of that statement and asked me to stop saying it. Tone aside, however, I mean it. I first said it to a person who accused me of evangelizing because I want more people to come to my church so offerings can increase. Our youth pastor lamented in a recent sermon, “We invite folks to a location rather than to the Person of Jesus Christ. That captures perfectly what I have felt all along. Too often, Bible believing Christians make it a habit to invite folks to a location. I decided years ago that I will never invite anyone to church without first tryin...

Praise the Lord for All He has Done

When Jay and I decided to start a podcast in the summer of 2020, we never imagined what impact it would have on our personal life. It has caused us to grow in the faith and grow closer to the God we desire to share more earnestly. Before buying mics, mixers, and recording equipment, we spent time in prayer to ensure that God was in this and this was not our own personal desire.

 

Twenty-one episodes later, we still did not expect the impact it would have in the life of others. After all, who are we, and why would anyone listen to us? But God has decided to allow our podcast to be heard in over 13 different counties to include: Sri Lanka, Romania, Netherlands, Singapore, Russia, Ireland, Italy, Australia, Germany, Canada, United Kingdom, and New Zealand. Most of our listeners are from the U.S., but the fact that we were able to share the gospel in different areas of the world through the lockdowns of 2020 is all because of God's goodness. Join us in prayer that God will continue to use our efforts through the podcast to spread the gospel to the lost and to encourage Christians to share their faith.

 

The Removing Barriers Podcast can also be heard on over 15 different platforms, including the most popular ones like Apple Podcast, Spotify, Google Podcast, YouTube and more. The podcast will come up in the top results of any web search, simply search for “The Removing Barriers Podcast.” Click here to see all our platforms. 



If the Removing Barriers podcast is not available on your favorite platform, let us know. I am sure it is available on platforms that I might not even be aware of.
 

While our listenership is not to the level we would like (after all, we do not have the numbers of a Ben Shapiro), we are still thankful for the number of listens we have received. If one soul was saved or will ever be saved through our efforts, to God be the glory: it will have been worth it all.  

 

I would like to take this opportunity to thank all our listeners and guests. I have reached out to a number of you to be guests on the podcast and the responses have been a blessing. We were able to have great conversation and foster friendship with a number of guests on the show. Many of you are in line to give your testimony on the show and are regular listeners. Thank you!

 

Happy New Year and God's richest blessings for 2021.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

After It is All Said and Done

This blog has been permanently relocated to https://www.removingbarriers.net Redirecting in seconds... It is great to know that despite all the happenings of 2020 that God is still on His throne and is in full control of COVID-19, the elections this week, and the aftermath in the weeks to come. No matter who wins the presidency or whether there is a vaccine for COVID-19, our commitment and obedience to the Lord as Bible believing Christians should not wavier.   Here are 3 things that will remain the same after the results are known: 1. The sun will rise the next day. Genesis 8:22 declares “ While the earth remaineth, seedtime and harvest, and cold and heat, and summer and winter, and day and night shall not cease. ” Praise the Lord that these things are not controlled by our elected representatives in political offices but by the God who sits on His throne. It is the same God who rules ...

Racial Relations and the Church

This blog has been permanently relocated to https://www.removingbarriers.net Redirecting in seconds... Episode 18   In this episode of the Removing Barriers Podcast, we sat down with Dr. Michael Baldwin to discuss the racial past of the U.S. and how the church handled the issue.   As a Bible believing Christian, Dr. Baldwin found no pleasure in some of the hard things he had to say, but they needed to be said in order to expose the hurt and the racial tensions of the past, and to promote healing for the present.   Conversations matter! Some of the things that were said in this podcast were difficult things to say, but we can no longer sweep these things under the rug. The chickens have come home to roost. While the church ...

The Barrier of Experience

This blog has been permanently relocated to https://www.removingbarriers.net Redirecting in seconds... "We have also a more sure word..."—2 Peter 1:19   So many people rely on their experience more than the Word of God. The apostle Peter, however, exhorted his readers that though his firsthand experience was a reliable eyewitness account, God's Word was "more sure." The Bible is completely reliable and trustworthy. It was a brisk morning. I rapped on the door to a nice home in a newer development on the outskirts of Great Falls, Montana. A lady in her mid-thirties answered, and her husband was inside near the door as we spoke. I quickly found out they were Mormons. When I inquired as to how she thought she was "saved," she mentioned several experiences she had since becoming Mormon. I referenced the verses that make up the context in which 2 Peter 1:19 is n...